Okay readers, who are you out there? A few of you I know personally; many of you follow me (thank you!) even though we’ve never met.
Remember when we used to do those “25 Things about Me” lists on Facebook? I retrieved mine recently and updated it a bit. So here are 25 things about me. Does anything resonate with you? Then tell me more about YOU in the comments.
- I am for standing for the National Anthem. Hand over heart. Men with hats off.
Military saluting. Always. Every time. Everywhere.
- I’m a born again Christian who loves Jesus and am trying to learn to love as Jesus loves.
- I enjoy singing old hymns. What poetry! What amazing theology embedded in those works of art. They fill my soul.
- Politics—be involved but don’t let the antics of politicians ruin your day. Don’t let your mood be determined by them. The beauty of the American system is that we have a chance to vote out the people we don’t like and vote in the people we do. In the meantime, enjoy life. I’ve seen enough politicians come and go in my lifetime to know that nothing is permanent.
- I like living in a place where the seasons change. Each has its own magic.
- I love pecan pie.
- There really is nothing like an excellent cup of coffee with just the right amount of cream.
- I am blessed to have a loving family and have prayed to build a loving home where family and friends can visit and feel comfortable and cared for.
- I am blessed to have a job I love and freelance work that I find just as exciting.
- I feel strongly about grammar mistakes, but not enough to be annoying.
- I love words—how they look, how they sound, how they go together. I’m constantly astounded that a finite number of words can be combined to create masterpieces or drivel. And I’m constantly attempting to make my writing better so mine isn’t drivel. Good books fuel me. Writing calms my anxious heart.
- I enjoy organizing . . . anything. I feel good when it (whatever it is) is organized. I hyperventilate in office supply stores.
- One of my favorite movies is Napoleon Dynamite. And give me Mystery Science Theater any day of the week.
- Memes. Funny memes.
- I got engaged to my husband in a hot air balloon.
- I’m completely craft impaired. I don’t get the point of cross stitching or scrapbooking or card stamping. But I love it when other people do it. I’m amazed, frankly.
- I am also sports impaired. I never made a sports team I tried out for. I stopped trying after I knocked out my dad’s front tooth with my elbow practicing for the girls’ basketball team tryouts. (And no, didn’t make that team either.)
- I love public speaking. I hear it’s the #1 fear of most people, so what’s wrong with this picture?
- Pets have a huge place in my heart. We have a Shih Tzu and a few cats who found us in the country — willing suckers who fed them and soon housed them.
- I’ve been all over Europe (Germany [lived there for my 4 high school years], Switzerland, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Monaco, England, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Iceland, even Liechtenstein) and also to China. I still want to visit Scotland, Ireland, and Greece.
- I’m an MK—military kid, specifically an Air Force brat. When people ask me where I grew up, I say “everywhere.” I am proud of my amazing parents.
- I love my sister, brother-in-law, and nieces (and their various significant others). She’s 11 years younger than me (and we’re the only two), so it’s awesome that we’re friends.
- I like to do laundry.
- I think my kids are awesome—interesting, talented, self-confident. They’re miles ahead of where I was at their age.
- Oh, and did I mention my grandkids?
So now tell me about you! One thing, five things, 25 things! I want to get to know you.